St. Joseph’s Chapel Registered Heritage Structure

St. John's (Blackhead), NL

Registered Heritage Structure


St. Joseph’s Chapel is a tiny wooden one-room school house located in Blackhead, on the outskirts of St. John’s, NL. St. Joseph’s Chapel was built as a school in 1879 but soon had a dual-function as a school and church for the Roman Catholic community of Blackhead. Designation is confined to the footprint of the building.

Statement of Significance

Location and History


Similar Heritage Properties