St. Michael’s Convent – Belvedere Registered Heritage Structure

St. John's, NL

Registered Heritage Structure

Description

St. Michael’s Convent is a two and a half storey hipped roof building located on Bonaventure Avenue in St. John’s. Built in 1826 as a single dwelling, the house served as a convent run by the Sisters of Mercy from 1859 until 1999. This designation is confined to the footprint of the building.

Statement of Significance

Location and History

Location

Similar Heritage Properties