Student Heritage Reporter Challenge (deadline for submissions is July 31, 2020)
Our thanks to VOCM for partnering on this project.
Open to K-12 students in Newfoundland and Labrador (2019-2020 school year).
- Send us a short video (2-3 minutes) of you reporting from a heritage place in your community. Tell us why this place is special to you.
- You can record your interview on your smartphone or digital device, and email it to email@example.com. If it is a large file, you can use the free www.wetransfer.com website to send it to the same email address, or post it on YouTube and send us the link.
- We’ll send you a consent form to complete.
- That’s it! Easy peasy!
- We will share your report on our Facebook page. And your school could win a set of Heritage NL books for its library.
- Some reports will be featured on VOCM Radio. One lucky student will get to meet a VOCM reporter. Regional prizes of VOCM swag are also up for grabs.
Hello and welcome to (community name). My name is (insert name). Today I’m going to tell you about (name of heritage place) and why it is a special place.
Ideas for report…
- how old is the heritage place?
- who used to live or work there?
- any cool old stories about the place?
- your personal stories about the place?
That’s all from (community name) for now. Reporting for Heritage NL and VOCM, I’m (insert name).