Call for Expression of Interest: Designation and Granting Committee
Deadline: 12:00pm (noon), 9 February 2018
The Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador (HFNL) is seeking Expressions of Interest in serving on its Designation and Granting Committee. This committee is chaired by a member of the Board of Directors and includes subject matter experts from the community.This is a volunteer position.
Please see below for more information and instructions for applying.
Purpose and Accountabilities
The Designation and Granting Committee is a permanent (standing) committee serving under and chaired by a member of the Board of Directors of HFNL. The Committee is responsible for:
- Reviewing applications for provincial designation and restoration funding;
- Making recommendations to the Board on designation and the allocation of funds; and
- Deliberating on policies, policy alternatives, and policy implications with respect to HFNL’s designation and granting programs.
The Designation and Granting Committee reports to the Board of Directors through the committee chair. Recommendations are presented to the Board of Directors via written report prepared by staff based on Committee deliberations.
A member of the Designation and Granting Committee will have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- architecture, planning, or design;
- heritage trades or contracting;
- material culture, vernacular architecture, or architectural history;
- regulation or administration of cultural property; and
- grant administration or related areas of law.
Individuals from all regions of Newfoundland and Labrador are eligible and encouraged to apply.
Members will be selected based on demonstrated expertise in the fields listed above, with preference given to candidates representing regional diversity and a range of knowledge and experiences.
The Designation and Granting Committee meets in person or by teleconference two to three times per year for approximately three hours (morning or afternoon). Material for consideration is circulated in advance. Additional questions may be circulated by email between meetings. Members are expected to contribute to all meetings either through attendance or written commentary.
Please forward your expression of interest together with a resume or CV by 9 February 2018 to:
(709) 739-1892 ext. 1