Job Posting – ICH Researcher
The Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador (Heritage NL) is a non-profit organization which was established in 1984 to stimulate an understanding of and an appreciation for the heritage of the province.
Heritage NL is hiring an Intangible Cultural Heritage Researcher, who will be working on projects to document untold histories, traditional skills, and the associated narratives of Newfoundland and Labrador’s historic places.
The applicant must have excellent oral and written communication skills; a strong understanding of the 2003 UNESCO Convention on ICH and Heritage NL’s ICH Strategy; good knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets; valid driver’s licence and use of automobile (if possible); availability to travel throughout Newfoundland & Labrador. Previous experience with a heritage organization is an asset, as is an educational background in public folklore, public history, or public archaeology.
The applicant must have in place the practical and technical skills which will allow them to complete the following projects by the end of the contract:
- Write, edit, and manage the formatting/uploading of a Virtual Museums of Canada project on the history of root cellars in NL;
- Complete a community heritage booklet in cooperation with the Town of North River;
- Complete and disseminate the 2021 Craft at Risk study;
- Compile metadata for digital files for inclusion on Memorial University’s Digital Archives Initiative;
- Assist with the editing and preparation of a community heritage booklet on the history of Lebanese businesses in NL;
- Produce weekly episodes of the Living Heritage Podcast in partnership with CHMR Radio;
- Provide social media support for HeritageNL programs and events;
- Assist with other HeritageNL projects as directed by the Executive Director.
This is a full-time 52 week contract, at a rate of $30/hour. Heritage NL values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline for applications 5pm, Friday May 7th
Applications to: email@example.com